Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Christianity Explored...

"Faith lives with a certain amount of uncertainty"

 Recently, this has rang true. Over the last few weeks I have become quite busy. I feel sometimes in in the position as a YAV and working with the church, I loose site of my faith. I think this is typical of many Christians. The last few weeks in the church has been all about about the course we are starting next week. This course takes you on a journey through the gospel of Mark. It has been the conversations in the preparation of this course that have led me to a deep thinking and contemplation of my faith and what faith means. Over the next 7 weeks we will venture into Mark looking ultimately at three questions... who was Jesus? Why did he come? and What is involved in following him? As the leaders went through some of the questions to bring up it really struck me and made me think about all sorts of different questions and how the majority of them have no answers. I am quite excited to work with the youth that come to this course and to help them realize that we don't have all the answers and that is ok. This course will be very eye opening and will be great to help me along in my faith journey and to grow in my faith.  So look for posts to come in the next 7 weeks about the course and how it is impacting me. 

Further updates to come!