Monday, August 22, 2011

It is finally here!!!

 Wow... it has been a great fun filled summer of  travels, working at a summer camp, and spending time with family and friends. I am so excited to start this new journey to Belfast, but at the same time I wish I could bring all my friends. I have officially packed (still praying that my suitcase is not over 50lbs), I have said good bye to all my family and friends, and now start this faith journey with a week long orientation at Stony Point, NY. This will be a fun packed week of learning about culture, spending time with not only the others going to N. Ireland but also the other YAV's that are traveling around the world, and preparing for this spiritual journey of service in Belfast. Now that I am saying good-byes and heading off it makes it feel real, even though I will still be in the US for another week.

I want to thank those that have made this journey possible, Nassau Presbyterian Church has been a strong foundation for me since I was young and I have great joy in calling this church home. This church fostered my love for service and mission and showed me what serving the Lord is all about. I also need to thank the Presbyterian Church of Lawrenceville. This church is home to my family and one that I have been a part of for a number of years. Going to their youth fellowship programs and finding a second home where I can live out my faith. This trip would not be possible if it were not for these two churches. Also, I would like to thank those who have monetarily supported me for this trip. For those of you who do not know, International YAV's have to raise 8,000 dollars. This is not an easy task nor one that people always feel comfortable doing. Luckily, I have the most amazing support from family, friends of the family, and my two church families. Thank You!

So now as my faith journey continues, and I start my year in mission I hope that everyone will follow me on here and keep up to date with my travels and what I am doing in Belfast. Also, I would love for everyone to post comments, send e-mails, and check in from time to time.It truly means a lot to have people standing behind me. Well, I should get back to packing the last minuet things, and checking everything over so I am not missing anything. So this is not good-bye but hello to a new adventure that everyone gets to have part in and share with me in faith.

<3 Liz